We’re excited to announce that Varnish Cache is now available as an app on the DigitalOcean marketplace, the premier cloud platform for developers. The Varnish Cache instances are pre-configured and it takes just one click to deploy Varnish on to VMs or Kubernetes clusters, so you can be up and caching in no time at all!
The DigitalOcean ecosystem
DigitalOcean simplifies modern app creation and makes it easy to spin up applications on cloud infrastructure, with a “no DevOps required” experience. Varnish and DigitalOcean are an excellent pairing, making it easier and faster than ever to deploy Varnish’s powerful caching, web acceleration and origin protection technology in front of your website, API, application or media server.
Varnish Cache in the cloud
Varnish Cache is, of course, a web cache and reverse proxy used by millions of websites to speed up content delivery. Offloading content delivery using Varnish Cache's reverse HTTP proxy technology also means you can reduce backend server load by up to 99% and speed up content delivery many times over. Using Varnish Cache in the cloud is great for organizations and developers looking to accelerate content delivery and protect their servers from high traffic, without investing in hardware infrastructure or managing deployments. It makes it simple and cost effective to benefit from:
- High-performance, scalable internet operations. Varnish technology channels the power of caching to deliver performance, scalability and reliability for fast and flexible web and API content delivery.
- Last minute resilience and stability. Deploy Varnish Cache within minutes and handle last minute traffic spikes and dynamic demand with ease.
- Versatility. Manage your APIs and multiple Varnish instances easily, offload your backend, build your own CDN, set up POPs in strategic locations or use Varnish as an origin shield.
Varnish Cache and Varnish Enterprise are also available across Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Oracle Cloud marketplaces.
Why Digital Ocean and Varnish Cache are a great match
There are many good reasons to use Varnish Cache on DigitalOcean’s platform-as-a-service, but here are just a few:
- Get started in seconds. Spin up a Varnish Cache instance in 55 seconds on Digital Ocean.
- Stay online. Easy to load balance and resize caches to meet any traffic demand.
- Predictable pricing. Only pay for the resources you use
- Developer-friendly. Build more and spend less time managing your infrastructure with the easy-to-use control panel.
For more information, go to the Varnish Cache listing page on Digital Ocean here: